L’Occitane is one of my favourite brands for a lot of different reasons.
Firstly, their fragrances are phenomenal products that I can wear for day, night, and during exercise sessions. Cherry Blossom, Pivoine Flora, and their Rose fragrances are all satisfying perfumes from their packaging to the actual natural scents that they release.
Secondly, their hand creams are better than eye cream on the lips. That may sound weird, but truly the ingredients they use to maintain that creamy texture is cleverly extracted into a tube.
And of course, their skin care, which roots their entire brand’s reputation.
Pricey stuff but unlike a lot of other brands, the products are made to last and do well on specific skin types, making a very diverse selection to choose from. Out of their skincare, their toners are my FAVOURITE. I haven’t tried any of their cleansers or many of their creams, so I cannot rate their toners being the best of the brand, but they’re truly amazing.
Now that I got the introduction out of the way…
* tightening effect: amazing pore minimizing overtime.
* brightening effect in seconds: lasts overtime.
* helps remove some makeup, just like all their other toners (Shea Butter, especially).
* claims are all correct!: removes makeup? Residue, yes. Makes skin feel and look smooth and plump? Instantly and overtime. Purifying and mattifying? There is NO BETTER PRODUCT OUT THERE than this. Alcohol-free? Well… slightly drying, but that’s a good thing to know.
* may dry out drier skin types (a good cream is required afterwards).
* slightly pricier and may not last you a very long time (full bottle, approx. 4 months).